There’s a lot of bad news about businesses of all sizes and their struggle to survive in the COVID era. As a result, it’s more important than ever to keep in touch with all clients – past, current and potential. If you don’t, it’s highly likely they’ll assume you have closed down.
So here are my top 4 tips on what you should be communicating to your customers:
1. Tell them you’re still open for business!
It’s an obvious message but have you told your customers you are still trading. This message should include things like:
- Your opening hours – whether it’s business as usual or restricted hours
- Any disruptions to the speed and efficiency you usually provide because of social distancing requirements etc.
- Advising if your face-to-face operations have moved online
2. Your COVID-19 safety practices
I know there are a lot of people who are over the whole safety-first message but equally, there are many anxious people who:
- Have underlying health issues that make them more vulnerable to the disease
- Care for someone who is more vulnerable
- Are just plain worried about catching a terrible disease
These people will choose businesses who they believe they can trust. So tell them about your COVID safe practices and keep updating them as your situation or requirements change.
3. Show your humanity
We love to help others, so show your human side and share how supporting your business helps others. For example:
- Choosing you supports a small, family owned business
- Choosing you helps to keep X staff employed and supports your Australian suppliers
- If you support charities by donating a proportion of profits, tell your customers this is still happening
4. Share your re-opening excitement
Many industries were required to close but most are beginning to re-open. If this applied to your business, you need to take marketing action now. Share your upcoming opening with photos, videos (even DIY videos from your phone). If you do it well, it’s likely your re-opening will be as exciting for your customers as it is for you.
How can I help you?
I hope these tips help and inspire you as we all adjust to the new normal. Please get in touch if you would like to chat about how these tips could work for your business. This is a free service to help you. Just mention this article.
Something you may not know, in addition to offering copywriting services, we also provide a more economical edit and review service where we refine your content to help it work better.